Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today on the Dads with Daughters Podcast we spoke with Dr. Linda Nielsen, a Professor of Adolescent & Educational Psychology at Wake Forest University. Her research and courses are focused on shared physical custody for children with separated parents and father-daughter relationships, with a special emphasis on divorced fathers. In addition to her many academic articles, she has written three books on father-daughter relationships and a college textbook, Adolescence: A Contemporary View.
Today we talked about what she has learned over the years at teaching her courses and researching the father/daughter relationship.
Want to learn more? Below are some of her books:
- Improving Father Daughter Relationships
- Father-Daughter Relationships: Contemporary Research & Issues. (2019, 2nd edition). Routledge.
- Between Fathers & Daughters: Enriching or Rebuilding Your Adult Relationship. (2008). Cumberland House.
- Embracing Your Father: Building the Relationship You Always Wanted with Your Dad. (2004). McGraw Hill.
- Adolescence: A Contemporary View (3 editions, college textbook, 1987-1996). Harcourt Brace.
- How to Motivate Adolescents: A Guide for Parents, Counselors and Teachers. (1983). Prentice Hall.
If you’ve enjoyed today’s episode of the Dads With Daughters podcast we invite you to check out the Fatherhood Insider. The Fatherhood Insider is the essential resource for any dad that wants to be the best dad that he can be. We know that no child comes with an instruction manual and most are figuring it out as they go along. The Fatherhood Insider is full of valuable resources and information that will up your game on fatherhood. Through our extensive course library, interactive forum, step-by-step roadmaps and more you will engage and learn with experts but more importantly with dads like you. So check it out today!
The article was very informative and engaging to read on. The facts that the author brought into consideration was very unique.