Patrick Fugate tends a press at a plastics factory in Bluffton, Indiana where he is raising his daughter. Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Shaun and his daughter!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was shocked/excited asked if she was serious then cried almost the whole day and called everybody in my contacts to tell them.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- my role models my mom and my dad and some older ladies at work
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- her words aren’t there that much so just dad or daddy lol.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Watching her get wheeled back into surgery at 2 months old.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I would have spent more time with her and my wife while we were all together.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- we like to fish, play outdoors we chase each other around the house and watch scooby doo together.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- spend as much time with her as you can they grow so fast and at anytime you can go from seeing her every day and night to every other weekend and itll tear you down easily.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- As a single father I get all the me time stuff done so when I have her im with her every second of the 3.5 days she’s with me.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- the day she was born holding her for the first time in the nicu I cried because I already knew she was everything I’d ever wanted, watching her crawl for the first time, first steps and the first dada and her first I love you.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.