Michael Schandt is a digital marketer, owns a brewery with his family and plays music with his best friends! When not doing all of those things, he’s raising his children in Minneapolis, Minnesota!
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Michael and his daughter!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Combination of joy and panic.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- Mainly my wife. I came from a family of all boys, so it was going to be completely new!
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Fun, goofy, loving, and tough.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Balancing the need to teach them while allowing them to also explore and figure things out on their own.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I would’ve gotten out of the corporate rat race long ago, so I could’ve been there from the beginning. Lots of late nights and weekends working led me to miss a lot of quality time in the first few years.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Swimming, roller skating, singing and dancing, and painting her nails.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Be there, and be a strong role model for her. Make sure she sees you treat her mom with respect, and allow her to make as many independent choices as she can. Teach her to be strong.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I’m a pretty social person, and I enjoy discussing ideas, and creating with others. My wife fully supports that need, so as long as we both equally stick to the partnership that is parenting, we both can live fulfilling lives outside of our home life.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Honestly, the moment my daughter was born was something I’ll never forget. We didn’t find out, and it was completely unexpected. Pulling my son’s first tooth out was extremely memorable as well 🙂
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9