Matt works at Taco Bell in Alabama. When not at work, you can find him raising his two amazing daughters!
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Matt!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Holy cow, I hope they come with a manual.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My “big brother” from another mother. I was an only child.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Firm but fair, fun loving and engaged.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- The emotional roller coaster that is a pre-teen girl, and the VAST differences between them.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I’d have been more present when they were toddlers, I worked too much.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Board games, go to events (circus, ice skating, etc)
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- In the end TIME is the one thing they TRULY want from you. PROTECT THE AT ALL COSTS.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Somewhat, it’s an ever evolving balance.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- It’s the little things, building tents, making s’mores, homemade pizzas, indoor goers, oh and the EPIC phone call in my sales meeting when my daughter “became a lady.”
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9