Marvin is an Account Executive in Richmond Virginia. When not working you, you can find him raising his two daughters with another on the way!
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Marvin!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- My jaw dropped. My wife and I had been waiting for two years before we got the call that we had been picked to adopt our baby girl that would be born in a couple of months. After that there was a flood of emotions but mostly overjoyed that we would soon meet and hold the child we had waited and prayed for.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- To my best friend that was already a father of two girls.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- I’m the dad that wants to go out together and make new memories. My favorite part is seeing them enjoy something new and seeing the joy in their faces. I encourage my girls to try different sports, hobbies and whatever other interests they have and I’m right there with them helping them along.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Not having enough time with them especially our youngest who is 6 months old. On weekdays I see her briefly before going in to work and in the evenings I have an hour before she goes to bed. So I really try to make the best of the time we do get together.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- My oldest will be 4 years old and my youngest is 6 months old so I still have a long ways to go. At this moment I have nothing I would change.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Play soccer, dance and enjoy being outdoors.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Enjoy every single moment you have with them and be present.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Fatherhood takes priority over everything else. There aren’t enough hours in a day to do everything so I make sure most of my time out of work is spent with my wife and daughters.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Becoming a father through both adoption and natural birth, they are both very special. Seeing the birth of our second daughter was something I will never forget. Also seeing our oldest have an interest in ballet and soccer are special too.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9