Kevin Nelson works in electronics at Walmart. He lives in Telford, Tennessee where he is raising his two sons! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Kevin and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was over the moon.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My stepdad.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Fun, crazy, energetic (ADHD), smart.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Not to be like my biological father.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Nothing really.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- My boys love hiking with me in the local mountains, gaming, and astronomy.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Be there. Be their friend when needed.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I still try.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- I was having a really rough day at work and my youngest came up and kissed me and said ‘I love you daddy’ later that night my oldest went up and hugged a random older lady that was on a cane and called her ‘pretty’. She said it was the sweetest thing that’s happened to her in years.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.