Jason works as Director of Technical Operations in Surprise, Arizona. When not at work, you can find him raising his amazing daughter!
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Jason and his daughter!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I couldn’t stop smiling, my first thought was how wonderful my life was about to become!
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- I turned to my father.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- My daughter tells everyone I’m a geek.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Finding the balance between fun and discipline.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Hug her more, kiss her more, play Barbies with her more … I’d just do MORE of everything!
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Play Barbies, Renaissance Festival, Comicon, Read Harry Potter … basically geek stuff!
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Your daughter is going to be who she is, let her be that person. Tell her you’re proud of who she is, no what she does. Most importantly, love her with every single ounce of your heart.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- There is no such thing as a balance, but I don’t mind. She is my everything!
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Every time she surprises me by showing so much kindness and acceptance. She’s such a good person, and I’m so proud of her every day. There’s no one memorable experience, it’s a collection of wonderful memories that I cherish and I strive to make more.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9