James Facney is an NLP practitioner and Time line therapy coach from Guelph, Ontario Canada. He’s got two 2 amazing daughters! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about James and his daughters!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Happy, Excited, scared
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- No one. All my friends had boys.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- They tell me all the time I am the best dad in the world 🙂
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Teaching them how to identify and deal with their emotions.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Dancing, games and hiking.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Be patient and know that we are the ones teaching them so be aware of the words you say and comments you make because they are listening even if you think they aren’t and respect their model of the world because we are all different.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Family comes first! But planing things out a head of time and communicate to the family.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- There are so many! Teaching them to swim, ride bike, roller blades and more. Helping one of them overcome a Anxiety.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.