Gilbert works at the Lundquist Institute in Torrance, California. When not working you, you can find him raising his two daughters with another on the way!
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Gilbert!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My grandparents.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Too many dad jokes dad.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Protecting my kids without overprotecting them. Giving them what they want without spoiling them.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Marketing and graphics for a non-profit research institute which is trying to find cures for diseases is very rewarding but really work less and father more… because those days you don’t get back.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- 23 year old: Help her finance a car. 7 year old: Bike rides by the beach and Knotts Berry Farm
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Infants: 100%
- Toddlers: Explorers
- PreSchoolers: Questioners
- PreTeen: Doubters
- Teens: Drama (but it will be ok)
- Young Adults: Explorers
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Set aside one day/evening and explain to your daughter this is dad time and every other day is dad & daughter time. They will understand.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Unconditional love.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9