Drew Taylor is works for a Not for Profit helping vulnerable people in debt in Stockport, UK where he is raising an amazing daughter! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Drew and his daughter!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I cried, we had a miscarriage last year so I was so happy when we got pregnant again
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My Dad and my best mate Kieran who also has a daughter.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Well just now she shouts in my face, poos, ears and sleeps. I’m pretty sure she likes me though.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- She was in NICU for 11 days during lockdown and it was so tough not being able to see her together.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Corona virus
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- I try and make her smile.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- I’ve got so much to learn as she’s only 12 weeks old but my time spent with my neice who’s 5 I think all she wants is to spend time with me.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Well one benefit of lockdown is that I’ve been able to work from home so it’s been more manageable.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Being told her suspected heart issue picked up at the 20 week scan had sorted itself out.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.