Tim Maklem works in retail and lives in Hamilton, Ohio where he is raising his daughter and three sons! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Tim and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Scared and excited.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- Friends and family.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Caring and there.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Being afraid of not being able to provide everything they want or need.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Being there for my oldest son more when he was younger. We are connected now but I lost a lot of time when he was younger.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Go to ballgames, watch movies, wrestle.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Be there. Even if you don’t have money the most important thing you can do is be there for them.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- My kids come first. If I go out they are with me.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- The simple things. Them coming up and hugging me and saying I love you daddy.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.