Terry Newln works in construction. He lives in Virginia where he is raising his two daughters! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Terry and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Pure joy and undeniable love.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My parents as they are great parents.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Fun and fair. Their daddy bear.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Potty training for the youngest but we did it together as a family unit.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Nothing I wouldn’t change one thing.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Paint each other’s nails, play barbies, tea parties, soccer, and baking.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Be kind. Be patient. Show love. Show compassion.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- My kids are my life but often play video games to unwind as I don’t drink.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Every minute with my kids is pure love.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.