Steven Ryan works as an Analytical R&D Chemist in the Chicago, Illinois suburbs where he is raising his daughter. Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Aaron and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Thought I was having a son; daydreamed about all the activities we’d do together. This did not change when I found out it was a girl!
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My wife. From the get go she has shown nothing other than she was ready and meant to be a mother. She bought me all the books I needed and has coached me over the last 48 hours since the delivery of our daughter.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Not sure lol, we haven’t gotten to verbal communication yet
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Sleeping, thus far
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Nothing yet, I think I’m doing a pretty good job. I’m sure that will change over the coming years.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Wrestle and play with the younger ones. Play D&D with some of the older ones. Joke So far just holding her but especially enjoying the looks on others when they hold her, especially for the first time.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Not sure I’m in a place to do that quite yet
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I haven’t yet; no outside life and I’m not back to work for another 1.5 weeks
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Cutting her umbilical cord. Getting to hold her for the first time.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.