Ross Thompson works as an HR Manager and lives in Corinth, Mississippi where he is raising his daughter and two sons! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Ross and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- It was something I dreamed about since I was a kid. I knew that my purpose was being fulfilled.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My mom and sister.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Fun, loving, and caring.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Watching my kids grow up and become more independent. I really miss when they were babies and constantly wanted my attention.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- My first divorce lawyer. If I had a better lawyer I would not have missed out on 3 years of my kids lives. I now have custody of them and am not taking for granted having them every single day.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Wrestle, tell jokes, read books, play dress up or make-believe.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Cherish the moments they are with you. There is no manual on how to raise a child, especially a girl, so just do your best to make them smile as much as possible.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I haven’t. Being a father is my #1 priority, and their needs and wants will always come before mine.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- My daughter and I taking her first trip to Disney when she was 3, Watching the excitement in her face when she caught her first fish, and the annual Father Daughter Ball in Corinth where I get to show her how a man should treat a lady.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.