Robert Kleintank works as a Hiring Manager at Pilot Flying J. He lives in Pataskala, Ohio where he is raising his daughter! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Robert and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Scared, didn’t believe it.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- This group. My boss.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- She’s 1 and 3 weeks. But if you ask her mother or grandparents I’m her favorite person.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Quit being selfish, care more about myself because I matter to other people that depend on me. I didn’t learn just how to love someone else but it has shown me how to love myself. It’s the greatest gift I’ve ever gotten and not just due to my daughter. But life lessons and feelings I’d have never learned without being a dad.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Work harder earlier to set my family up for the position in life we need to be, I’m on the road there and my GM is fast tracking me to become a GM because of how hard I work and where I need to be in life for my family
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Just play on the floor on the couch cuddle and watch TV, sing to her. Simple, memorable things.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Never stop learning, or asking questions. Be open to the fact that you don’t know it all, especially things that have to do with being a girl. Make sure you joke and have fun but also develop and mold them so when they’re older all they can say about you is “I am lucky to have the dad that I do, I love him”
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I don’t have many hobbies but I make sure to make time for myself and we let grandma babysit for date nights because alone time and date nights are both extremely important for a healthy life and to keep you being the best you can for yourself and your family.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- When my daughter first said dad or mom. To be honest just watching her learn and grow. Or seeing the way my daughter and her mother interact is incredible.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.