Reuben Kabantiyok works as an engineer. He lives in Kaduna, Nigeria where he is raising his daughter and son! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Reuben and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Exciting. I did not know how to express the excitement. I kept kissing my wife and hugging her.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My cousins and friend who already have a daughter. I also surf the net to know more about baby girls.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Amazing Dad.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Adjusting with my many tasks and giving them time.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Nothing… My experience with them has been amazingly good. The beauty is that for every hard time, it has always worth it.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Play, dance, and sing funny songs.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- To pay attention to the needs of their daughters.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I see fatherhood as the responsibility I’ve chosen to undertake so I portion time accordingly with other outside life.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Having to play and dance with them and seeing them laugh hysterically playing and jumping over my body.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.