Pete Beskas works as a Dad Coach in Irvine, California where he is raising his one daughter and one son. Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Pete and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Pure joy for #1, panic for #2
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- Nowhere, really. I didn’t have good fatherly role models.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Funny. Strong.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Keeping my temper under control.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I’d start going to daily Mass and Eucharistic Adoration sooner. When I took up those disciplines, I became a thousandfold better father.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Wrestle and play with the younger ones. Play D&D with some of the older ones. Joke around and listen to music.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Love their mother even more than the children. Your coupled stability is worth a million vacations and hugs and toys and talks.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Putting God first means that everything that follows is properly ordered. God, wife, children, work, leisure. My friends understand and respect that hierarchy. If they don’t, they fall away.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- The whole journey, I truly enjoy my children and my life with them, even when they are frustrating, annoying, sick, angry and upset. Knowing that I am there for them, listening to them, helping them form their ideas and values is priceless to me. My proudest moment as a dad is when I teach my kids something and its helps them when things aren’t going their way.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.
CONGRATULATIONS Pete Beskas !!!