Patrick Tamayo works as a Medic, AHA Instructor, and Home Healthcare. He lives in Kentucky where he is raising his son! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Patrick and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Crazy shocked!
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My two and only two mentors, God and Mom.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- He states, his best friend, safety net, life coach; the man who he wants to be, just not as grouchy.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- The fear of not being the best that I can be for him.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- The time lost when he was a baby.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Anything to with the out doors, car shows, fishing, camping, seeing the world, and most of all, work beside one another.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Be patient, have fun, cherish, they are only ours; on borrowed time. They don’t know what we as fathers go through for them and the family, nor do they need to know, and that is what makes a good father. No matter the age, they will always be your babies.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- My home is my only focus, the only outside life I have is work, and with that I don’t bring it home.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- When my son came to my bed in the middle of the night waking me up, with his heart full of questions and concerns. That hour lead my son and I, praying together and him accepting the Lord as his savior. And my wife and I watching his baptism.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.