Mike McLaughlin works as a Software Engineer in Sammamish, WA where he is raising his daughter and son. Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Aaron and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Pure excitement
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My mom and brother
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Fun and always there
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Being less critical
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Play sports, bike, and board games
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Live in the moment more and let kids be kids
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Being divorced with 50% custody I have more free time that I want.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Holding my first born, son, in my hands for the very first time. Snuggling with my daughter. Watching my son and daughter learn dance and play basketball and shred on the trails biking.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.