Michael Singson works as an online English as a second Language Tutor in Manilla, Philippines. He and his wife are raising 4 incredible daughters with another on the way.
1. What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
I was amazed about it, although I was only a teenager back then. I already knew the responsibility that came with it so I strive very hard.
2. When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
I did it all by myself because my parent were having issues especially my father who was in a drug substance abuse during those times.
3. How would your kids describe you as a dad?
Loving and funny father
4. What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
When I had no money when my youngest child was born and did not have enough to pay the hospital bills. Luckily I have friends you helped me, thanks to them. They didn’t even ask me to repay them.
5. Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
I would have limited the number of children so as life will be a lot easier. But I live them all and they are gifts from God.
6. What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
Play basketball, volleyball, go swimming and teach the the proper way to speak English
7. What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
Just take care of them and love them whole hardheartedly and they will do it in return.
8. How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
I don’t have much outside life meaning I don’t usually go out with friends for casual drinks and stuff like that but I go out with my family instead.
9. What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
Every year is memorable to me. All of them are intelligent and I never missed any year that I did not go up the stage and put on their medal/s.