Michael Giampino works as a Federal Employee for the IRS from Long Island, New York where he is raising his daughter. Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Aaron and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was a homeless drunk who’s wife had just passed away my life was a mess so not happy very scared. I got sober when she was born. I have been sober for almost 10 years now. I got my life together for her.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My Mom
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- My daughter would call me her best friend
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Having a child left on my doorstep two years ago with no experience being a parent at all. I had to learn how to be a parent right then and there very fast. It’s a struggle still.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Everything up till 2 years ago
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- We enjoy music together. We love hiking and movies. We love to just talk.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Be there for your kid mentally as much as possible.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I haven’t yet; no outside life and I’m not back to work for another 1.5 weeks
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- I have not I am only a dad that works full time. I am a single father. My daughter is my The day I won custody of my daughter. We laughed jumped up and down and cried all day long. We went to Salem mass to celebrate and I got a tattoo for the occasion with the date. She was abused for 9 years and I finally got her out of there after years of fighting in court. There will never be anything in my life more memorable then that situation.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.