Laston Segula works as an Editor of the Hansard at the Parliament of Malawi. He lives in Lilongwe, Malawi where he is raising his two daughters! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Laston and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Apprehensive. Never thought I’d manage.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My mom.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- A dear friend and protector.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- The uncertainty of tomorrow.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I wish I could right the wrongs I did on the way and be a way better dad.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Singing and playing hide and seek.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- That we are key players in the match of life. What we portray to our children will eventually become them. If we set a bad precedent, we will live to regret the rest of our lives.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Be a father everywhere, but be a dad and role model at home.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- To see my daughters grow, knowing they’ll become responsible like me someday. The realization that I don’t live just for myself.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.