Kyle Walker works as a factory worker for a pet food company and lives in Little Falls, Minnesota where he is raising his two daughters! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Kyle and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was very nervous and excited. I think I called in sick to work the 1st time lol
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My wife. She worked with kids at the time.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- They don’t talk alot, but my oldest always says silly daddy lol.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Living with depression, it’s hard to balance fatherhood with mental health.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Saving money and being more prepared.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Play video games, watch paw patrol, take naps. My oldest loves animals and zoos.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Just prepare to wear pink and play dolls lol.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- New job helped me. Don’t really have an outside life honestly, but I enjoy what I have.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Zoo trips and the Mall of America.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.