Josh Wilson works as an Online Health and Life Coach (retired teacher) and lives in South Dakota where he is raising his four sons! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Josh and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Pure joy! I have always wanted to be a dad- knowing it was going to happen was incredible!
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My dad- he is one of a kind and my rock.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Fun- hard working- goofy 😀
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- My 3 year old is as stubborn as they come- so trying to rein him in without breaking his spirit is challenging. Also, losing a baby to miscarriage was incredibly difficult on my heart.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Would have cut back my hours from working sooner. Time flies and I don’t want to miss anything because I was too busy or had to work.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- We ride bikes, camp, play board games, build stuff, pretend, be goofy and dance.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Your kids want your TIME, it doesn’t matter the activity or the reason for your presence, they just want you to be there. They spell love, t. i. m. e.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- It has been hard but once you put into perspective how short of a time it is, the priority of putting them #1 isn’t that hard!
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Watching them learn and grow and become good little people. I just love giving them experiences and being along for the ride!
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.