Jordan Echols is a warehouse worker at UPS. He lives in Glendale, Arizona where he is raising his daughter! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Jordan and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was really nervous.. but in a good way.
- When you knew you were going to be a father who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My dad and family members who raised daughters.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Hard-working, fun, loving, caring, understanding and strict.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Trying to have patience and trying to understand my daughter’s feelings as she grows older. But mainly raising her on my own for the past 12 1/2 years while working at a job that’s so demanding.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Nothing really. Even though it’s been really hard, it’s been super fun. Having Daddy/Daughter movies nights or playing video games together, hiking and doing the things she loves to do. Wouldn’t change any of it. Not for a second.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- We love to travel. Whether it be out of state or in state.. sightseeing is always fun..hiking, playing video games together, trying new things with her.. like Boba..and ya know, just normal stuff.. BUT my favorite is taking her to Castle N Coasters and Texas Roadhouse on her birthday. We haven’t been there in awhile because of her braces.. but the minute they come off. I’m taking her straight there. 😁
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- To have patience, be understanding with their feelings… girls have a lot of emotions and they look for someone they can count on to talk to or just be their rock of support for them.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Basically, I have a set schedule now.. I work night’s. During the week it’s just work and trying to see if my daughter has homework or just how her day went. On weekends, I try to keep my days off as busy and fun as possible. To catch up on lost time for when I am sleeping and planning ahead for when I have vacation. I try and take her places she hasn’t been yet.. We plan together. 💖
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- The most memorable experiences is when we travel to different places. Like the Grand Canyon, San Diego Beach.. but the best and most memorable trip we had was the trip to Tombstone, Arizona.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.