Jason Whetstone works as a Client Advocate, Mentor, and Counselor. He lives in Cisco, Texas where he is raising his daughter! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Jason and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I couldn’t contain myself. I was overjoyed!
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- I have a couple of friends who each have 2 or 3 daughters who are really good girls.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Being patient with her ever-changing emotions.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I don’t know. My daughter and I are super close and I wouldn’t want to change anything that would affect that.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Guitar lessons, archery, read books, watch movies, go hiking, color, watch funny videos…everything!
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Spend every second you possibly can with your daughters. Do everything you possibly can to ensure that your daughters never, ever doubt that you love them.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I choose time with my daughter (and wife) over my work and hobbies. My family comes first.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Every time I come home from work and my daughter runs from the other end of the house, yelling, “Daddy!” and jumps into my arms. And Daddy-Daughter dates are the best!
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.