Greg Halter works as a Software Engineer and lives in Benton, KY where he is raising his two daughters and three sons! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Greg and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was scared. I was 19 and not married. Had been with my girlfriend for only a few months.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- I turned to my dad. I have four older brothers and my dad has mentored countless other people through scouting and pre marriage counseling.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Adventurous and always up for a challenge.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Fostering. We started fostering kids about 4 years ago. It’s been challenging but extremely rewarding also.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Probably would have finished school first before having kids.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Hiking, camping, fishing, and video games.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- If you are a better dad today then you were yesterday you are doing great. If not work on that.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Being a dad is my full time outside life. The balance isn’t what most people would see as optimal but I find that when you enjoy being with your kids and doing things with your kids you don’t care for much outside life.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Deep sea fishing with my boys. And every year me the and the boys take a brocation for just the guys.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.