GP Subedi works in a cement factory in vehicles weight bridge. He lives in Nepal where he is raising his daughter and son! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about GP and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was very nervous at that time. When she was in labor, she called me at work, I came back home quickly and called the ambulance. After about 4 hours in the ambulance, we finally got to the hospital.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- I turned to my brother for advice.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- They think I’m a funny, friendly and a supportive dad.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Finding the time to spend with my kids and when I do it’s helping them with their school work etc…
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Take more advice from others and spend more time with the kids to help create more memories.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- I like to play games and go visit new places and go dancing with my kids.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Life is beautiful with kids.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I try to balance life by keeping work outside the family and when I’m home it’s family time.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- I like watching them grow up and it changed my world being a father.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.