Dominic McCarthy owns a small consulting company called Unlimited Marketing in Chanhassen, Minnesota where he is raising his daughter and son. Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Aaron and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Scared, excited and motivated. This moment was a huge turning point in my life.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My Mom
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Adventurous, happy, positive.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I would have spent more time with the kids when they were younger in addition to building my first successful business.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Travel, hike, snorkel, climb mountains, go fishing, walk around downtown, play games, sing, play guitar, paint and color, go to festivals, etc.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Be present. No matter what’s going on with work, relationships, money, life… all kids want is for you to be present with them no matter what. They want real time with dad.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- By being fully present both in fatherhood and in my “outside life”.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Traveling the world with my kids for 4 years.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.