Denis Coutu is a Prep Cook in Ottawa Ontario, Canada where he is raising an amazing daughter! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Denis and his daughter!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was thrilled with joy and happiness.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- The Dad’s with Daughters Facebook group.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Her hero.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Not to be too scared and take it one day at a time and to have lots of patience.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Take advice from everyone because it’s tough raising a mini me.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Listen to music and cook in the kitchen.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Spend every moment with them because it won’t happen again.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Spending as much time as I can when I get home from work. Life is short.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- When her first word was Daddy it melted my heart.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.