Daniel Sjoholm has signed up for the USAF. He will work in the medical field when his training is completed. He lives in Redondo Beach, CA where he is raising his daughter and son! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Daniel and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- It was a cool moment.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My mom, grandma, and longtime friends.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- My daughter got me wrapped around her little fingers. I can be strict but also a pushover.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Well my son lives in Sweden and I now live in the US. He is 12. Without technology it would have never worked.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Be more in my son’s life when he was younger. (he was born without me knowing).
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- Swim, read, video games.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Don’t let your tiny one run the show.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- It feels like it right now even though we are changing in a big way shortly.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- My daughter’s first Christmas she spent in Sweden with that whole side of the family including my son. So my son and daughter spending Christmas together was very special.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.