Dakota Davis works to install fiber optics in Texas. He lives in Savannah, Tennessee where he is raising his daughter! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Dakota and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- For a split second I was scared my father had just passed a week or so before, so I didn’t know what to think… a few short minutes later I was overwhelmed and excited beyond words.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My mother and stepfather.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- She’s only a month old, but she’s well taken care of 🙂
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- I’d say not being able to call my dad for advice is a tough one. As well as being away from her for 2 weeks at a time long restless nights.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- At a month old, just hold her and enjoy every moment even if she sleeps the entire time… it’s just peaceful.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- No one is ever ready but you’ll get ready real fast.. don’t stress when you find out he/she is on the way… just be the best you can be somehow it works out.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- There is no outside life. Every minute whether I’m at work or enjoying a day off I’m constantly thinking in the back of my head she’s going to be watching me soon. Always trying to provide the most or be the best man I can be as an example in the future.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- First time holding her and seeing a little piece of my dad in her eyes.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.