Chris Tousignant works at Verizon Wireless. He lives in El Paso, Texas where he is raising his family! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Chris and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I remember telling myself that my problems no longer matter.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My wife. She taught me everything I know about raising my baby girl.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- They would describe me as playful, funny, loving, and protective.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- The largest challenge is hands down having to accept that I can’t always protect them from getting hurt.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I would exercise more to prevent such a drastic weight gain in order to have more energy to play with my kids.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- I simply do whatever it is they’re doing.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Teach her and guide her as she grows. Don’t just tell her.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I’m still trying to figure it out.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- The transitions they go through have stuck with me. One day they’re crawling and drooling, the next they’re walking around and eating with a fork.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.