Brandon Cox is a Deputy Counterdrug Investigative Analyst in Tennessee. When not working you can find him raising his two amazing daughters.
1. What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
I was both scared and happy.
2. When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
Some friends who also have daughters.
3. How would your kids describe you as a dad?
Caring but disciplined.
4. What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Learning to be patient as they discover who they are.
5. Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
I am extremely happy with my life as a father, and I wouldn’t change anything.
6. What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)
We dance, sing, read comics, draw/color and spend time together.
7. What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
Be patient and teach them ‘how’ to think, not ‘what’ to think.
8. How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
Fatherhood comes first and foremost. Everything else takes a backseat to life.
9. What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
Being able to be there to help them stand when they fall.