Anthony Cidoni is a Petty Officer 3rd Class in the Navy and a veteran from the active duty Army Combat Engineer. He lives in Concord, North Carolina where he is raising his daughter and son! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Anthony and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- There was honestly no words to describe the feeling. It is the biggest blessing becoming a father and I was just overwhelmed with joy and happiness.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- I turned to my grandfather. He has been my idol and my hero.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- I think they would describe as being fun and exciting. I know when to be tough and when to have fun at the same time. They might tell you about my dry sense of humor.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Being a better father than my dad. I strive day in and day out to be the best I can be.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Honestly at first I was on my phone and what not. But going on not only my daughter but my son as well, have really helped shape my mindset on the best part of my life. To me that’s raising my two blessings with their amazing mother. My tone sometimes I know is something I need to work on. But my kids are amazing and they help. They can tell when you have a tough day and they know what to do to put that smile back.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- We go fishing, play baseball, play candy land, go to the park, go to pelicans to get icees, and definitely go swimming.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Just be there and be present. Don’t just be there, BE THERE. Listen, have compassion, understand their likes and dislikes. If you have troubles outside of the home, leave them at the door. Do not bring them inside and take it out on your kids.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- The toughest part would be definitely with the military. But as far as that I balance it pretty well. I involve my kids in everything I do. They love what I love so we have no issue with that. And if they don’t like it we find something we all like.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- All the smiles they bring. Rosaleena is the most energetic and talented young lady. She is the epitome of an angel. She has a heart of gold and loves to help people. My most memorable will probably be when she just randomly breaks out in song and dance like her mother. Especially with the movie Descendants 3 with Hades and his daughter Mal, I sing Hade’s lines and she sings his daughter’s lines and it is so much fun.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.