Aaron Fraher works as a Freelance Photographer and lives in Minnesota where he is raising his daughter and will welcome his second child in February! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Aaron and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Excited and a bit anxious all at once.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- Lots of books and a few Facebook groups like this one.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- An awesome playmate.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Transitioning from working full-time to being a freelance photographer and stay-at-home dad.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I’ve only been a father for about a year and a half, so I don’t have much to look back on or think I would change yet.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- She loves to be in the office with my wife or me and pretend to be on the computer. We also love pop-up books, building blocks and our new stroller coaster from Christmas.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Teach them they can do anything and help them learn as much as you can. Enjoy the little things and take lots of pictures for you both to look back on someday.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- My wife and I have a great system in place to give us both breaks when needed and we make sure the important stuff is taken care of quickly so we can have more play time with our little munchkin.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Getting the opportunity to be a stay-at-home dad and have lots of quality time with my daughter has given me a lot of memories and chances to see her grow and learn from an early age. Having a second daughter due soon and having them close together is something I’m eagerly awaiting to watch them become best friends and playmates as they get older.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.